Netflix hit series is back!
Agent Peña, how much do you know about the Cali Cartel?”
In a post-Pablo Escobar world, those final words spoken in the last season of the Netflix original series Narcos, foreshadow the upcoming season’s pivot into the corrupt, powerful, and wildly profitable world of Colombia’s Cali Cartel-the biggest drug lords you’ve probably never heard of.
The third season of Narcos will premiere globally on Netflix on September 1.
Narcos Season Three Synopsis:
Now that the bloody hunt for Pablo Escobar has ended, the DEA turns its attention to the richest drug trafficking organization in the world: the Cali Cartel. Led by four powerful godfathers, this cartel operates much differently than Escobar’s, preferring to bribe government officials and keep its violent actions out of the headlines.
Meet the Kings:
• Gilberto Rodriguez Orejuela (Damian Alcazar)- leader of Cali Cartel, “boss of bosses”
• Miguel Rodriguez Orejuela (Francisco Denis)- the brains behind the rise of the of Cali Cartel and Gilberto’s brother
• Pacho Herrera (Alberto Ammann)- the on-the-low hitman, runs the Mexican connection and international distribution
• Chepe Santacruz Londono (Pepe Rapazote)– runs the satellite NYC empire of the Colombian drug network
Other new players include:
• Jorge Salcedo (Matias Varela)- Cali’s head of security who prioritizes his wife and kids’ protection over his bosses
• DEA agents Chris Feistl (Michael Stahl-David) and Daniel Van Ness (Matt Whelan), who enter the operation with enthusiasm and inexperience
• Franklin Jurado (Miguel Angel Silvestre)- the cartel’s money launderer who unknowingly puts his wife, Christina (Kerry Bishe) in mortal danger
• David Rodriguez (Arturo Castro)- Miguel’s oldest son, who is reluctant at first to take a leading role in the cartel structure
**Photos courtesy of Andrea Miner/Netlfix**